Tuesday 19 June 2012

Book Launch at Waterstones, Poole

I spent the morning with Liz from brilliantfish www.brilliantfish.co.uk as she dragged me kicking and screaming into the 21st century by directing me to Facebook and Twitter. Then I found myself running late for my interview at Forest FM 92.3 www.forestfm.co.uk with presenter Steven Long, and made it for my slot with 3 minutes to spare. I raced through the door and straight into the studio puffing like a steam train. It was well worth it because Steven is a lovely interviewer and really makes his guests at ease. We talked about my latest novel, Turn Back Time, how I came up with the idea for it, how I set about writing my books generally and he also asked for any recommendations I had for new or would-be writers out there. I had just one and that would be to join a writers' group or course - for the company of like-minded people and for the information, which will be invaluable. That's what I did and I'm quite certain I wouldn't be a published author now if I hadn't joined that first creative writing class all those years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment