Tuesday 25 February 2014

Speaking at the RNA regional lunch

It can be a bit daunting speaking to a group of fellow writers - quite different from giving a talk to non-writers. Not worse - just different. They certainly don't want you to tell them how it's done!

However, all writers are interested in how you began, how you fit your writing into a busy life, whether you plot or not and things like that. So I talked about what made me start writing, when and why I went from short story writing to novel writing. It was when I got to the bit about not plotting that a fascinating discussion took off between those who do - only a small percentage of the group - and those who don't - most of us. I'm sure in another group the numbers would be quite different. Fascinating!


No comments:

Post a Comment